The perfect Sunday afternoon is slow cooking a pot of lamb shanks. This recipe and video comes from one of our valued customers, Joanne from Her Ordinary Mum. It’s one where you want to take your time cooking, while enjoying a glass of wine or two, waiting for its arrival to your dinner table. It's simple, yet oh so delicious!!!
- 4 Maranoa Lamb Shanks
- 3 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 1 Large Carrot diced
- 1 Large Zucchini diced
- 1 Large Tin Diced Tomato
- 1 Cup of Stock (or as needed to submerge shanks)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy based pot over medium-high heat and saute garlic and onion.
- Add Lamb Shanks, season with salt and pepper and sear.
- Add in the carrot, zucchini and tin of diced tomato, then enough stock to submerge the shanks.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the meat is falling apart.
Enjoy with creamy mash potato or sweet potato or even a buttery cauliflower mash and your favourite side of greens. And if you love this video as much as we do, pop on over to Joanne's YouTube channel - Her Ordinary Mum or Instagram page @her.ordinary.mum
Thanks again Joanne!