There’s nothing like a recipe that creates something a little bit fancy simply by using the basics we have on hand. You can jazz this little number up any which way you like but when you’re using quality ingredients...we tend to go with the theory that less is more.
- 4 Maranoa Beef BBQ Steaks
- 4 large ripe Tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 slices Ciabatta or crusty bread
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Combine the Mayo and garlic in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat BBQ or Grill Pan, season Maranoa Beef BBQ Steaks with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook BBQ Steaks to your liking then remove from the heat allowing them to rest.
- Drizzle the tomato halves with oil, season with salt and pepper and cook on the grill until tender and caramelised.
- Sprinkle a little olive oil over the bread slices and toast on the grill to achieve those sensational grill marks.
- Now for construction!...generously spread the aioli over the bread, top with steak and tomato. Finally sprinkle over the fresh basil and as a final flourish...just a drizzle of good quality balsamic vinegar. Serve with salad greens if desired.