This recipe takes your staples and turns them into a fun filled, yet sophisticated eating experience for the whole family. It's choices galore with this dish... ensuring everyone’s satisfaction!
- 500g Maranoa Beef Mince
- 1 medium Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (70g) loosely packed stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 4 – 8 Pocket Pitta or Wraps (depending on how many serves you need)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Your choice of sides
Here are some suggestions from my family to yours:
250g Tabbouleh or mix up a quick fresh salsa with fine diced herbs, tomato, onion & avocado
200g Hummus drizzled with 1 teaspoon Olive Oil and ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
200g Beetroot Dip
1 medium lemon cut into wedges
- Soak skewers in water to prevent them from scorching.
- Combine Maranoa Beef Mince, onion, garlic, spices, breadcrumbs and egg in medium bowl. Mix well with your hands to ensure all the ingredients are binding together.
- Shape mixture into about 10 ovals and thread on to skewers.
- Cook the skewers on a heated oiled grill plate or BBQ until browned and cooked through. Turn often to avoid burning the outside. Set aside to rest.
- Brush your Pittas or Wraps with a little olive oil and heat on a grill plate or BBQ achieving those fantastic grill marks.
- Serve your Maranoa Beef Kofta Skewers alongside your Pittas or Wraps on a platter. Arrange your sides of choice in individual bowls and call the troops!