If you're ready to switch up your low and slow Winter Menu, try this fun alternative! Our Lamb Souvlaki Bowls are a great way to bring some creativity to the dinner table. It’s a gorgeous textural, colourful, nutritious and flavoursome dish that will delight all the senses and brighten up any Winters Day!
- 6 Maranoa Lamb Loin Chops or Cutlets
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- 2 small Garlic Cloves (less if you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregano OR fresh Rosemary & Sage chopped together
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Haloumi – sliced to you preferred thickness
- Greek Salad of your choice – We like Red Onion, Cucumber, Tomato, Olives & Feta
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Pita (warmed in the oven or on the grill)
- In a bowl add Olive Oil, Lemon Juice (and Zest if you like a Citrus-y kick), Garlic, Herbs, Cumin, Salt and Pepper – whisk to combine. Pop the cutlets or chops in to a large zip lock bag and pour over the marinade mix. You can marinade the lamb for 30 minutes or overnight if you prefer.
- When you’re ready to create your Maranoa Lamb Souvlaki Bowls, prepare you Potato Wedges, drizzle with Olive Oil and roast in a hot oven.
- Cut and toss together your Greek Salad ingredients – dress the salad just before serving with a simple drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Next heat your BBQ grill to a medium to high heat. Grill the Lamb to your liking – we like it cooked to medium so around 3 to 4 minutes on the first side and then flip and cook for about another 3 minutes.
- While the Lamb is resting, grill the sliced Haloumi and warm the Pita.
- To make your Souvlaki Bowl simply place a generous serving spoon full of Greek salad in each bowl, stand your golden roasted Sweet Potato wedges alongside then arrange your lamb, Haloumi and folded Pita.
A Lemon Wedge and perhaps a drizzle of some Tzatziki Sauce would be a beautiful accompaniment to the dish.
Finally...have fun...each individual can create either their own Lamb Souvlaki Wrap or break the Pita apart scoop into their favourite topping combinations.