This is next level sausage breakfast bliss...or amped up easy Sunday night dinner...or nourishing brunch in the warm Autumn sun...whatever takes your fancy! Take your taste buds on a ride to Spanish heaven with this winning sausage dish.
- 8 Maranoa Beef Sausages, cooked and sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 long Red Chilli (seeds out/or in depending on preference for heat)
- 2 teaspoons Smoky Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 80mls red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 x 400g tins of Cannellini Beans, drained
- 1 x 410g tin of Crushed Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams feta, crumbled
- Fresh Herbs
- Toasted Crusty Bread
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Heat a heavy based pan to a medium heat. Add a good glug of Olive Oil, Onion, Chilli and Garlic. Sautee until transparent.
- Add Oregano, Bay Leaf, Smoky Paprika and Tomato Paste. Give it a quick stir – ensuring the spice and paste doesn’t burn. Add more Olive Oil if needed.
- Next add the Vinegar, Crushed Tomatoes and Cannellini Beans. Simmer for around 6 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken and develop the flavours.
- Add the cooked and sliced sausages and then season to taste.
- Place bean mixture in to single serve oven proof dishes. Make a small hole in the middle of each and gently crack in an egg. Top with Feta and a drizzle of Olive Oil.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes for medium to runny eggs.
- Serve with crunchy bread or toasted fingers.